Creating opportunities for the patient, doctor and caregiving experience to be as humane and nourishing as it can be.
In early 2020, The Well collaborated with UC Health's Integrative Medicine Center to bring Mindful Music to patients and caregivers in the Infusion Suite and waiting areas of the Gardner Neuroscience Institute.
Within a week, the health care world shifted to pandemic preparedness and staff well-being. So thanks to a few leadership gifts and donations, The Well was able to pivot to provide playlists for employee well-being to UChicago Medicine's Comer Children's and UC Health.
Additionally, we realized that patients were suffering in new ways due to COVID-19 limits on who can visit. Along with UC Health, we pivoted to pilot a Patient Wellness Channel, on in-room television or on tablets and devices. Patients now are able to experience Mindful Music, guided meditations, and other nourishing content from UC Health Integrative Medicine and other community arts partners.
- Web app accessible audio playlist. Available through tablets and personal devices.
- Patient channel streamed through in-room televisions. In Cincinnati, we partnered with some of our favorite performing arts and civic organizations and can tailor channels for local content. Check out our WLNS102 playlist.
- There is ample scientific evidence that some of our simplest pleasures, including listening to music, expressing our feelings, and noticing our breath, can alter the course of healing.
- Mindful Music Moments offers short, easy-to-follow mindfulness prompts and combines them with world-class music and/or poetry to bring beauty and ease to patients in a time of increased need.
- The patient channel serves as a steady stream of nourishing content beyond Mindful Music. Partnering with Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra, Cincinnati Chamber Orchestra, Cincinnati Opera, and the Cincinnati Zoo, patients can learn and listen to a variety of world-class performances and engaging content.
For information on how we might serve your patient or staff wellness needs, connect with us.